Cannonball Affiliates is operated by Jumpman Gaming Limited, an organisation registered in Alderney (registration number 1815) under licenses from the Alderney Gambling Control Commission and the UK Gambling Commission. Jumpman Gaming Limited operates in accordance with the Data Protection Law of 2011 and is registered with the Data Protection Office of Guernsey.
Cannonball Affiliates respects the privacy of its users and is dedicated to the safe collection and storage of user information. The following terms describe how Cannonball Affiliates, along with all connected websites and operators, retrieves, uses, and stores customer information.
Cookies are designed to improve the user experience. They work by adding a small file to a user’s computer, creating a bridge between user and website that allows the latter to provide the former with transactional, log-in, and navigational data. You can refuse to accept cookies by changing the settings in your browser. If such action is not taken prior to using the Cannonball Affiliates website, cookies will be added to your computer.
Cookies from Google Analytics
- Understanding User Interests
- Discovering User Demographics
- Impression Reporting Using the Google Display Network
- Analysation of Session Data
Use of the Cannonball Affiliates websites serves as an acknowledgement of these services and an agreement that these cookies will be used.
To learn more about these cookies, including information on how the data is used, read this article. This article explains how to disabled personalised ads while this one explains how Google Ads works. This guide will show you how to disable Google Analytics cookies.
You should only use Cannonball Affiliates if you consent to your information being used by Google for these purposes. Should this not be the case, please stop using this site immediately.
Collection and Use of Personal Information on Cannonball Affiliates Websites
Cannonball Affiliates websites will collect your personal information when you:
- Register for an account with the website;
- provide it voluntarily;
- disclose it willingly in a public area, or
- share it when communicating with the site.
The information collected will be used for the following purposes:
- Billing and payment processing
- Identification verification
- Account administration and management
- Promotional purposes
It will also be used to personalise your experience of the website and to improve the site and its services.
You can unsubscribe from promotional mailers at any time.
Emails concerning account security, technical issues, and service/product changes will also be sent. These are considered essential and will be sent for as long as you are subscribed to the site’s services, with no unsubscribe option.
Cannonball Affiliates reserves the right to solicit other companies to provide services on its behalf. These companies include, but are not limited to, banks and specialist payment providers, quality-assurance testers, data and analytic companies, marketing agencies, accountants, auditors, and IT service providers.
Cannonball Affiliates will share your information to ensure we meet regulatory requirements, (including those relating to AML and KYC) as required by government agencies or for the purpose of confirming your identity and/or payment method.
Third-party validation checks will be utilised to confirm your name, contact details, and other relevant personal information, and by agreeing to our terms and conditions you consent to these checks being made. These checks may result in your information being disclosed to a registered credit reference agency, which may then choose to retain this information. However, a credit check will not be performed, your credit score/report will not be adversely affected, and all checks will be performed in full compliance with data protection laws.
All third-party contractors with access to your information are required to follow strict safety protocols to ensure this information is safe and always treated in accordance with the terms listed herein.
Your information may be disclosed to the UK Gambling Commission or to other authorities if such action is necessary to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. It may also be disclosed, where necessary, to protect the rights and interests of Cannonball Affiliates, to enforce our terms and conditions, and to protect the safety of our team members and the general public.
We may disclose your information to members of the Jumpman Gaming Limited group of companies (more information for which can be obtained by contacting our customer support) or as part of a potential sale, investment, or corporate action involving in any of the companies associated with this group and its respective operators. Your information may also be transferred as a business asset in the event of bankruptcy, insolvency or receivership.
The Type of Data We Collect
We collect and store the following information to ensure compliance with statutory regulations and for the purposes of entering into a contract for the provision of our services:
- Account information: full name, address, contact details, date of birth, and gender.
- Proof of age/ID: this information is required to process a withdrawal and includes: a valid photo ID, such as a passport or driver’s license, and a recent bank statement or utility bill. Additional documents, including the front/back of a registered card, may also be requested.
- Transactions and gaming data: wins, wagers, deposits, withdrawals, balance, and promotions.
- Payment info: payment info (including credit/debit card details and PayPal information) is stored to facilitate faster and smoother transactions.
- Device data: type of device/platform and IP address
- Previous website communication: including emails, Live Chat logs, and social media messages.
How This Data is Secured
Various measures are implemented to ensure all stored data is safe and protected from harm and unsolicited third-party use. This includes, but is not limited to, firewalls, encryptions, and access control policies. Audits are also performed to ensure we continue to meet the standards required by ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
Legal Bases for Processing Information
- When it is necessary to fulfil contractual obligations: Information is collected, used, and shared whenever it is necessary for the administration and management of your account, such as ID verification. You are not obliged to provide us with this information but failure to do so may prevent access to certain products and services.
- When it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations: We may be required to collect, store, and share details to comply with certain legal requirements, such as in the investigation of a crime. To remain in full compliance with the law, your information can be stored even after you have closed your account.
- When it is within the public interest: Your data may be stored and used for the prevention/detection of an illegal act and to protect members of the public against such acts.
- It is within our best interests: Your data may be used or shared when necessary for the continued operation of our business or for other legitimate business interests, unless it is determined that these interests are overridden by your interests or rights. For example, we have legitimate interests in:
- Providing you with personalised content
- Improving our website and services
- Disclosing your information following a restructure of our operations
- Detecting individuals with problem gambling issues and retaining the information for future safeguarding
- Processing information to ensure security protocols are followed and to prevent unauthorised access
- Monitoring and preventing issues relating to fraudulent activities, including suspicious betting patterns
- Creating personalised reward schemes
- Sharing data with auditors and advertisers
You can object to your information being used for purposes not relating to a legitimate interest, but we may continue to use your information, even after your objection, if we have legitimate grounds to do so or if it is required in connection with a legal claim.
Any information submitted in a public area, including a message board or comment form, can be viewed by third-parties and used to send marketing materials, advertisements, and messages. We have no control over the actions of these third-parties and remind all users of this site to exercise caution when submitting information in public areas.
Contact us for more information.
Changes to Your Personal Information
Using the tools available on the Cannonball Affiliates website, you can make changes to your personal information. If this information is deleted, you may be blocked from the services you previously subscribed to. Refunds will not be provided in the event that you are blocked following the amendment or deletion of your personal data, but we may retain your information to resolve disputes, comply with regulations, and ensure we continue to meet the terms listed here and in our terms and conditions.
Your Rights on Our Websites
In respect of your personal information, you have a number of rights which are detailed below, some of which only apply in certain circumstances and are qualified by exemptions in data protection laws:
- Accuracy: We endeavour to ensure the information collected and stored is 100% accurate and up-to-date. You have the right to request corrections should this not be the case.
- Access: You have the right to see your personal information, including the information under our control, the names of individuals/companies to which it has been shared, and details regarding how it was collected or is being used.
- Complaints: Should you have an issue with how we collect or process data, you have the right to complain to your local national data supervisory authority.
- Deletion: You have the right to be forgotten and may request that we delete all of your personal data when it is no longer needed and we have no legitimate (or hitherto stated) reason for preserving it.
- Processing Restriction: In some circumstances, you have a right to request that we restrict or suspend the processing of your information. Your information may still be stored after this request, but it will only be processed with your consent, or unless otherwise required by data processing exemptions.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are using your information because of your consent, you may withdraw that consent.
Requests concerning these laws and how they relate to our processing of your information must be made in writing and must allow sufficient time for a response. We aim to respond to these requests within thirty (30) days of receipt and may provide a written request for a time extension if required. If your request cannot be fulfilled in full, we will communicate the reasons and provide you with information on the additional steps that you can take.
Retention of your Personal Information
Your information will be retained for as a long as reasonably required. Generally, however, this will not exceed seven years from the point of account closure. In some instances, your information will be kept beyond this period, such as for the purposes of self-exclusions and other responsible gambling measures.
Changes to These Terms
For more information concerning our privacy policies and how we use your personal data, contact [email protected]. For other requests, email our support team at [email protected]